If you are new to my blogs, here's a good place to start.
I've been blogging for almost 15 years (before it was called "blogging" and I was just writing messages and posting them online) which is hard for me to imagine because it seems like "blogs" are such a recent phenomenon. Maybe I'm showing my age as I approach 50 but over that time I've had blogs on many different topics and what I've come to be passionate about are those things that transcend age, culture, time and every other human distinctive.
What I've chosen to concentrate on are those common principles that all seek who want live a life with no regrets: make the right choices, do something with your life, be satisifed with your journey, find joy regardless of circumstances and find a purpose you can get of bed for every morning.
The Happy, Contented, Fulfilled, Productive and Faithful Life of No Regret
- Happiness - true happiness is not based on circumstances. It come from knowing you are doing the right thing, from joy in face of difficulty, from a life that spills out blessing on those around them.
- Contentment - contentment does not depend on your bank account, what possessions you have or comfortable circumstances. Contentment is a mindset that sits above what life throws at you.
- Fulfillment - a life without a purpose, without reason to get out of bed in the morning is a life wasted. Every person has the same amount of time and same opportunity to use their days to bring meaning to the world.
- Productivity - the lazy life ruled by short term impulse and self gratification makes it impossible to have any of these other qualities. Being a productive member of humanity is a reward and obligation built in to every person
- Faithfulness – life without eternal perspective and transcendent goals is a short term lesson in hopelessnes and futility. If "this is all there is", then what true meaning or purpose can there be other than selfish pursuit?
- No Regret – you can't change the past. Whatever time you waste, whatever opportunity you miss, whatever folly you engage in all leads to the one result you cannot alter: regret. Learn to live a life that you will never look back and regret.
Can you really have a happy, contented, fulfilled, productive and faithful life free of regret? Or is that just pie-in-the-sky blogger nonsense? The truth is, YOU CAN! But you do it one day at a time, one choice at a time, one thought at a time. So my blogs are dedicated to bite-sized chunks of wisdom and experience that can help you add one more skill or quality to your life day by day that will lead to a life of no regret.
What questions do you have for me? Ask here…